Senior Level Developer
Company Description: SimpleBills is one of Waco’s fastest growing employers and we are looking for the next great hire for our Development Team. Are you the next person to join our growing company?
In 2008, a group of talented entrepreneurs turned the old-school model of utility sharing between roommates into an innovative business that is now serving 46 states and has a presence in over 170 college markets. SimpleBills offers a relaxed, creative and employee-friendly work environment.
With the significant overall growth of the company, SimpleBills is now looking to expand its development team. If you are a person that likes to be in the middle of the buzz and can coordinate critical thinking steps to identify and solve issues, this position might be for you.
The technology team at SimpleBills is responsible for delivering the custom billing software which drives the service provided to our customers. Our software is not only used by our 90,000+ end customers, but also by 60+ staff members. We not only believe in building an excellent product, but also building excellent engineers within our team. Our culture is focused on continuous improvement, and as much as we expand the capabilities to our product, we are also focused on improving the existing features in our system.
Operating under the direction of the IT Director, the Senior Developer is responsible for the following:
- 65% - Individually perform advanced level development work.
- 25% - As lead developer for assigned projects manage the junior developers assigned to the same project. This will involve both managing task assignments and conducting quality control of work performed by junior developers.
- 10% - Working with colleagues to construct technical requirements which elegantly solve business process problems.
- Bachelor’s degree in software engineering or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years professional experience with C#.
- 6+ years of experience developing with either MySQL, PostgreSQL or SQL Server. Experience should include normalizing schemas as well as writing very efficient queries, views and procedures.
- 5+ years of experience developing with frontend technologies such as AngularJS or jQuery. Preferred in-depth experience with AngularJS version 2+.
- 3+ years of experience with AWS or Azure. Preferred in-depth knowledge of AWS.
- Demonstrated experience architecting highly available web platforms.
- Demonstrated experience in refactoring large-scale systems to improve simplicity, performance and reliability.
- Demonstrated experience in managing an end to end project lifecycle.
- Demonstrated experience as lead developer on projects which included one or more junior level developers.
- Extremely detail oriented.
- Demonstrated experience in thinking creatively to successfully solve problems.
Must be able to work as a full-time employee out of our home office in Waco, TX.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S.
Compensation: The pay range is competitive and based on experience. Benefits include health, dental, vision and life insurance, flexible vacation/sick time, and positive work environment along with several workplace perks that make working here fun and enjoyable.
Job Type: Full-time